Here at Upward CU, we know you’re busy. Sometimes you simply don’t have time to stop in a branch to deposit a check. That’s why we’ve made it easier than ever to bank on the go with Remote Deposit Capture. Simply snap a picture of your check and receive your funds- it’s that easy!
It’s a free feature of Mobile Banking that lets you use your smartphone or tablet to deposit checks into your Upward CU account without bringing them to our office.
Simply take a picture of the check (front and back) using your smartphone or tablet. Transmit the image to us using the Remote Deposit Capture feature of our Mobile Banking app.
No, the images are not stored on the smartphone or tablet.
- Valid email address
- Be registered for Upward CU Home Banking
- The Upward CU Mobile Banking app on your smartphone or tablet
Download our Mobile Banking app from the Apple App Store or Googleplay. After logging in, select “Deposit Checks” from the main menu.
Users may receive “Sorry, you cannot deposit a check with this device because there is no camera feature which is needed to submit pictures of the check” when attempting to deposit a check with the Kindle Fire HD.
The Kindle Fire HD’s camera is not designed to function like a normal camera you would find on a smartphone; it was added primarily to enable “face-to-face” conversation via Skype, and as such is not identified by our app’s Remote Deposit Capture process. There are apps available that may allow the Kindle to work like a standard camera, but we cannot say whether these will work with our app. We also do not technically support Remote Deposit Capture on tablets at this time in part because they don’t all have a camera built-in.
There is no fee to use Remote Deposit Capture. Please refer to the Upward CU Fee Schedule for return fees.
Currently, there are default limits per deposit. Refer to the “Registration email”, that will be sent to you.
There is no limit to the number of checks you can deposit in a day; there is a dollar limit per business day. However, you can only scan and deposit one check at a time.
Yes. All checks must be properly endorsed. Please include the following on the back of the check:
• Your signature
• “Upward CU” & account number and suffix
• Write “For Remote Deposit Capture only” or “RDC”
• Write the date you deposited
Keep the paper check for 90 days in the event it is needed. After the 90 days mark “Void” on the check.
Checking and all savings accounts.
Items deposited before 3:00 pm will be credited the same day. Items deposited after 3:00 pm will be credit the following next business day.
You will receive confirmation email after the deposit. You can check the status by selecting Deposit Checks>History on the app. You can verify that the check has been credited to your account on the app (this could take up to 24 hours).
If the routing number and account number are not fully visible, make sure there’s space between the check and the edge of the image, that the front check image is right side up and the back endorsement is above the arrow on the right. If you continue to experience problems, come in to any of our branches and present that check for deposit.
You may not deposit:
- Checks stamped with a “Non-negotiable” watermark
- Checks showing evidence of tampering or altering of information
- Checks issued by foreign financial institutions
- Checks with incomplete information
- “Stale-dated” or “Post-dated” checks
- Savings Bonds
- Third-party checks (checks not payable to you)
- Checks payable to more than one individual where all parties are not signers on the account (including government checks)
- Any items drawn on my own account at Upward CU
It is protected by multiple security layers including password protection, internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption, the highest level of security available.
Members could be contacted by the Upward CU Mobile Deposit Administrator for the following reasons:
Deposit Item Deleted
- Duplicate: Check being deposited was already received and accepted.
- Ineligible Item: Check being deposited was ineligible for Remote Deposit Capture
- Non-Conforming Item: The check image received was not clear enough to process. Please retry your deposit.
Deposit Amount Adjusted
- The amount you entered for your deposit did not match the amount on the check. The deposit was accepted with the adjusted amount in the email.